Saturday, September 12, 2026

I can't tell you how many times

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word!
1. Place yourself in God’s presence.
I've been learning what it means to be part of this church community in Saint Petersburg.  A few weeks ago I had another counseling session and the new lady that took over was dealing with an emergency today when I was scheduled to see her again. So they told me that there was someone else that was free if I was ok with seeing someone else. 

So I met Scott, who is the first male counselor I've seen since Dr. Firstandig in High School after my accident.  Yes, since High School this doc and every other man I've met is always only concerned about themselves, so I've avoided men.  As weird as it was Scott asked the right questions and understood just what he needed to get me open like a book. Our first meeting I told him that after a dozen others he understood and heard 90% of my world, while the best so far barely followed 70%. He was polite and laughed, so I scheduled the next session with him too.

Almost a month later I met with Scott again and admitted how I needed to learn to cry again, as I started to cry in Mass when Simon Peter was at the feet of Jesus. Once again he got down the right road and had me crying in the office. While walking out, we were still talking about what it means to be part of this culture. . . He talked about books everyone reads in high school and movies.  Like "It's a Wonderful Life" . . . yes I admitted I had not seen all of even this movie. The last thing he said was that was a movie that might make me cry too . . . I just watched the last of it.  20-30 minutes each day, and I've just finished it with dinner now and cried again.
2. Give thanks for God’s great love for you. Pray for the grace to understand how God is acting in your life.
Thanks Dear Love Lord Jesus. I know your Word has been very clear and focused, guiding me to cook liver and onions now and sit and watch the end of this movie! 

I recognize that You have been ever present, and also know I have such a deeper insight and experience with You knowing how each step of The Way is calculated and determined to be exactly what You planned for me to grow and learn to bring Your people home.  

I know this is exactly what You planned. I know everything is changing. I know that I have to be more assertive and clear every step of The Way. I realize this moment alone with You is really more important as everything else before me. My place and time must be more determined than ever. Here alone with You it gets more clear and powerful every moment. I jumped up this morning with a long list before me already and I wasn't sure about why, where, or what. Yea, I knew sunrise was 7:14am, and mass was 8am, and FAST 1pm, so I was bringing my iPad and work to do. Including a wrench to restart the clogged garbage disposal in Caverly Hall.

Now sitting alone with You, I can explore more. Like Randy scheduled a time for me to meet his GA who has been doing marketing and such for the college. He's always been so clear and focused on making things better there at Patel. Again my time and place is really almost remarkable seeing how I bring so much together . . . As I see more and more connections inviting Bea, Jude, Ash, Rich and really wonder where it's going, but again feel the sure confidence and Blessing of God throughout. 
3. As you review your day — recall specific moments and significant feelings that surface as you remember.
As I biked into church today I saw chuck again, getting into his car and I was ready to bike up right next to him. I soon realized how I had my Stars History Book and could really get down and dirty with him. I even turned back thinking I could get a few words in at a stop sign. Yes, I realized how I really needed to plan something more focused and professional. I know this really means getting serious about who I am and what I do. It's really kinda weird to understand how far I've come and what's here before me again to achieve. Yes achieve beyond all reason.

 I also realized how I really had everything I needed to do so much more than ever before. Like developing and expanding my classes is all about me and only me. I keep thinking that I need help or someone else will make it easier, or better, or faster to do something that I really am the only one capable of doing. And somehow this always returns me to my dream and death experience seeing and understanding something that is simply beyond what anyone else could imagine. WOW!
4. Pray for Deeper understanding as you reflect on what you did, said, or thought in those instances. Were you drawing closer to God, or further away?
Praying for deeper Understanding is really about stepping beyond what I do and know already. Getting closer to Your Word! Like stopping to really cry and feel more deeply into all the challenges and experiences that I have and see. I'm constantly intimidated by what I have to do or the next steps that suddenly appear before me. It's really remarkable and dumbfounding that I see these steps and opportunities appear from nowhere and magically impress and surprise me.

And yes, sometimes I really do NOT understand what I'm doing or why. Like when I had jumped to leave this morning. I had my Bible study books in my bag, and planned to stay after mass to study until the 1pm FAST meeting. But I pulled out the study books? Yes I guess I had the digital version too, and prefer to markup digital to use in my blogs. And then put my Stars History Book in the bag. Wow?! that seemed crazy, I've done that a hundred times already and no one at church has gotten that far yet. I mean, I can't just stick it in front of someone to share another crazy story.

And most of the church has already heard too many crazy stories from me. . . . and obviously no one believes or understands, as most people either avoid me or treat me like I'm homeless or handicapped or worse. I mean, I've noticed so many really seem like they are afraid of me.  I can't tell you how many times I've said that "I grew up in the woods" and never has anyone really understood that this means that I DO NOT communicate well with people.  Course when we did the Marianne Consecration and I recognized the Voice of Saint Mary from the woods I grew-up in. . . again something that others can not understand or believe.
5. Look toward tomorrow — think of how you might collaborate more effectively with God’s plan. Be specific!
I have another full day tomorrow. I offered to help make coffee for the OCIA, and really thought to attend again since I've never learned all the words people say each day in Mass.  I also have another FAST meeting at St Pauls before all this at St Raphaels. . . which is really kinda neato for me, to be busy running from one church to another. Thank You Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I Love You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ

it's one thing to have a deeper relationship and a deeper understanding. It's another thing to recognize the responsibility and the, The duty almost to help others grow and lead more strongly instead of being, and that's, that's, that's not an easy thing to do. 

make a friend, be a friend, bring a friend to Christ.

You know, and and and to recognize that, okay, what I really need to ask for is guidance on engaging this community and leading this community and being part of what it means to be part of a real community. 


Auditio divina (or audio divina) is a modern contemplative prayer practice that adapts the ancient Benedictine tradition of lectio divina (sacred reading) into a form of sacred listening focused on music and sound. [1, 2]
Overview of the Practice
  • Definition: Instead of reading a written passage of Scripture, practitioners listen attentively to music or lyrics to encounter the sacred in everyday sounds. [1, 2]
  • Roots: It evolves from lectio divina, translating the traditional focus from visual text to auditory experience. [1]
  • Application: Contemporary guides, such as the work by Katie McAllister and Tony Pichler or resources like Listening with Heart through Auditio Divina, use popular songs and standard hymns to open up spiritual reflection. [1, 2]
The Process
While variations exist, sacred listening generally follows a multi-step movement mirroring traditional meditation:
  • Listen: Hear the piece multiple times or with deep attention, letting the melody, rhythm, or lyrics wash over the senses.
  • Meditate: Notice thoughts, memories, or specific words in the lyrics that evoke a deeper personal or spiritual resonance.
  • Pray: Turn the emotional and mental response into a quiet conversation or offering to God.
  • Contemplate: Rest silently in the presence of God or the lingering peace of the music's final notes
  • what are saint ignatius 32 essence of spirituality.
    There is no official or canonical list of "32 essences" written by St. Ignatius of Loyola. When the number 32is associated with Ignatian spirituality, it typically refers to one of two things: [1]
    1. The 32-Week Spiritual Exercises: The standard adaptation of St. Ignatius's 30-day silent retreat for everyday life (known as the 19th Annotation) is traditionally structured as a 32-week spiritual journey.[1, 2]
    2. General Congregation 32 (GC 32): A historic 1974 meeting of the Jesuits that defined the modern essence of Ignatian spirituality as "the service of faith and the promotion of justice." [1]
    If you are looking for the absolute core pillars and essence of Ignatian spirituality developed by St. Ignatius of Loyola, they are captured in these fundamental principles: [1]
    1. Finding God in All Things
    Ignatian spirituality is profoundly optimistic. It operates on the belief that God is not holding aloof from the world but is actively working in our everyday lives, relationships, work, and nature. Every moment holds the potential for a divine encounter. [1, 2]
    2. Contemplative in Action
    Rather than withdrawing from society into a monastic life, Ignatians aim to be "contemplatives in action." This means balancing deep, reflective prayer with active, generous service in the world. [1, 2, 3]
    3. The Discernment of Spirits
    Ignatius recognized that our hearts are constantly moved by different internal forces (feelings, desires, and anxieties). Discernment is the practice of noticing these movements to distinguish between: [1]
    • Spiritual Consolation: Movements that bring peace, hope, love, and a closer connection to God.
    • Spiritual Desolation: Movements that lead to anxiety, dryness, emptiness, and moving away from God.[1]
    4. The Daily Examen
    A central practice of Ignatian life is the Daily Examen, a short, twice-daily prayerful review of one's day. It consists of five steps: [1, 2]
    1. Gratitude: Relishing the blessings of the day.
    2. Petition: Asking for the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
    3. Review: Looking back at the hours passed to see where God was active.
    4. Forgiveness: Asking for healing where you fell short.
    5. Renewal: Looking forward to tomorrow with hope and intent. [1]
    5. Holy Indifference and Freedom
    To Ignatius, "indifference" does not mean not caring; it means inner freedom and detachment. It is the state of holding things lightly so that addictions, fears, or ego do not dictate choices, leaving you completely free to choose whatever best serves God. [1, 2]
    6. Magis (The Greater Glory of God)
    Magis translates to "the more." It is the restless desire to always choose what is more conducive to God’s praise and service—summed up by the famous Jesuit motto: Ad maiorem Dei gloriam (For the greater glory of God). [1, 2, 3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Recent

Always making everything work

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word! 1. Place yourself in God’s presence. Word! Wow, OK so here we go again. I’m sit...

Most Popular